- About Me
I am a 24 year old stop motion animator and filmmaker currently residing in San Francisco, California. I studied at a four year fine arts school, Maine College of Art, located in Portland, Maine, under the major of New Media: Independent Filmmaking and Puppet Animation. While studying at MECA I basically built my own curriculum geared primarily toward experimentation in puppet animation.
At MECA I continued to build on my knowledge of art in general, and I improved upon my skills in drawing, sculpting and digital filmmaking/editing. I utilized that knowledge to help me build unordinary puppets and then experimented in bringing them to "life" through the basic, yet tedious, stop motion principles. I have since taught and currently work as a freelance puppet animator.
- Writing, Drawing, Sculpting, Puppet-making, Set building, filmmaking/editing, Stand Up Comedy, Rapping/Poetry Writing, Watching Movies, Reading, taking long walks and listening to music.
- "The Art of Ray Harryhausen", "The Island of Dr. Moreau" and "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells, "Dante's Inferno", Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein".
- Movie Interests
- "Gremlins 2: The New Batch", "Star Wars", "Small Soldiers", "Clash of the Titans", "Corpse Bride" and "Fantastic Mr. Fox"
- Favorite Animators
- Ladislaw Starewicz, Ray Harryhausen, Art Clokey, Chiodo Brothers, Will Vinton, Chuck Duke, Scott Nordlund, Mark Osborne, John Ashlee, Amy Adamy, Justin Kohn, Henry Selick, and many many many more!
- Favorite Artists
- Ray Harryhausen, Stuart Freeborn, Art Clokey, Will Vinton, Scott Nordlund, Chuck Duke, Nelson Lowry, Tim Burton, Ian Mackinnon, Peter Saunders and many many more!!
- Member since
- Saturday, 05 February 2011 17:02
- Last online
- 1 year ago
- Profile views
- 1741 views
You're very welcome Rebecca. Again, you have some very nice work here. I am actually working on an independent short with my friend/roommate. We're basically two guys creating a stop motion film in our apartment/studio. The piece is on a scale much more refined then anything either of us have done before, so at times it does feel as though we may be a little "over our heads", but nonetheless everything is steadily coming together. We've decided to not post anything on this current piece until the entire film is finished, which we hope to fulfill within the next 7 months ahead of us. Stay tuned my friend and keep up the great work!
Looking forward to seeing it x
Hi Marc, Yeah. I was able to journey out to San Francisco in early 2010 to meet Professional Animator Chuck Duke (animator on Fantastic Mr. Fox, James and the Giant Peach, among others) and he gave me a 5 day tour of ILM Studios. The Willis O'Brien statue was incredible along with Ray Harryhausen's statue, and many other gems. Thank you for the welcome. The site is looking INCREDIBLE!!