Are you a teacher in a public school who wants to teach students the art of stop motion animation? The biggest road block is trying to find all the necessary instructions, equipment, software and puppets to animate.
We are now offering a stop motion kit that consists of everything you need for your students. Our kitss are geared towards middle school students and for after school programs in that same age range.
Students will be able to use their hands, learn story telling, expand their imaginations and collaborate internationally with other students. The whole experience will be extremely rewarding for everyone when they complete their films.
Here is what is included in our package:
- Professionally designed puppets with joints that are easy to manipulate with small hands. Puppets also have interchangeable parts similar to Barbi dolls, so they can be clothed and have different faces according to the stories your students imagine.
- "I Animating" stop motion software which is designed with kids in mind and incorporates an easy interface. We supply detailed tutorials and manuals to show you how to use the software and create your animations. The software allows for editing, audio to be added and also animated mouths for the characters to speak.
- The camera is SD quality and comes with an adjustable base for different angles to photograph.
- The set floor is designed for the magnetic feet in the puppets to adhere to it. There are also different back drops that you can attach depending on the locations your students imagine your puppets to live in.
- If an entire classroom is used for the purpose of teaching the animation, decorations can also be provided.
Students and teachers can also collaborate between English speaking schools in China. They learn the art at the same time and then visit to share their experiences together. This is a great way to introduce different cultures to students for a once in a lifetime shared experience. Students visit (from China) for a few days and wrap up their films.
They will also have the option of entering their films into a film festival as a way to celebrate their creations. For the moment the festival web site is in Chinese only, but we plan to have an English version soon.
China Stop Motion Animation Festival for Kids
The Chinese government will hold two festivals every year at the same time. One is for young guys and one for kids stop motion. They start from October to June next year. The deadline for submitted movies will be the end of May. The kids festival accepts only stop motion animations. It has many awards such as best director and best animator. Below is an example film made by some students.
The system we offer was created by Xi'an New Start Animation Tech and is currently being taught to over 2000 students in China who are looking to collaborate with US schools. Animateclay.com is joining with Xi'an as a way to expand hand crafted animation for kids, and to make it easy for teachers teach stop motion.
If you would like to teach stop motion in your school here is what we do. First teachers must send an invitation letter to the Chinese schools. Then Chinese officers and principals are arranged to visit your school, building the communication bridge.
Then every year these schools will send students from China to visit your school for two weeks. You can also have a stop motion animation summer camp for kids from both sides.
To get started or for more information please contact me at Marc@animateclay.com