Feedback Week #7: March 6th Live Show Discussion

2 weeks 2 days ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Feedback Week #7: March 6th Live Show Discussion #1633
Thanks acting, yes your video definitely qualifies. I was late making a new forum thread for the next Feedback Week, so I shared this video on the new thread over here: animateclay.com/index.php/kunena/feedbac...show-discussion#1632

Thank you for submitting it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 2 days ago
acting23
More
Feedback Week #7: March 6th Live Show Discussion #1630

So I made this Stop Motion Video I am not sure if it qualifies for your show, but I am really proud of it and want to get it out there. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You animateclay

2 weeks 4 days ago
Metalmadcat
More
Feedback Week #7: March 6th Live Show Discussion #1624
cool stuff!
The following user(s) said Thank You selmerkastalje

2 weeks 4 days ago
selmerkastalje
More
Feedback Week #7: March 6th Live Show Discussion #1623
Made some tights and shorts, think they came out great

2 weeks 5 days ago
Metalmadcat
More
Feedback Week #7: March 6th Live Show Discussion #1618

Hello there Marc,

I am not entirely sure whether this video applies for being shown. I mean it is not an actual claymation, work in progress, or anything like a short film other than my very first tutorial. It is however the best evidence I have regarding my return into stopmotion. And I thought perhaps it could be shared nonetheless. I was hoping to have either some work in progress or an actual animation but life getting in the way didnt let me have anything complete for tonight.
Below the video I thought could be fun to post the following trivia, or fun fact.

TRIVIA (things never mentioned on the video or ever explained anywhere)

1 - This video is pretty much a combination of Marc Spess (2007) and Nick Hilligoss tutorials (2010) . From both I tried to come up with a fusion so that it would be an easy how-to video. At first I wanted to explain both ways of making all in one video but it was too long. So I decided to break it down to one way of making things simple and one way of going a bit further. However, using steel feet was nothing I have available, so I used marc spess way of doing feet (but assembled as if on steel)

2 - This thing about "dynamic" vs "simplified" was nothing I ever heard of but an idea that I improvised on the making. I was trying to drive my viewers attention and I wasnt sure how, and as many of you know, I am not a great comedian (also I dont usually smile in front of a camera) so I developed this idea of adding 2D animated sequences or layouts...which more or less looks like a retro video game of main menu.

3 - The mummy puppet from behind, who also got his own name (BRONCO) was meant to be interactive. Call me crazy but I was obsessed with the idea of having some kind of guest and I thought about that puppet to interact and suggest througout the video. Eventually I had to leave that option. Perhaps for another time.

4 - Largely what took me the most was being convinced with my own accent. I spent not one day, not a week, but about two long weeks only performing. Much of what you see in the video a big mix of several recording and re-recordings. I would go to the mirror and test every now and then endings, closure, and many other things to say that were never put on the final edition. I also watched many youtubers, tips, and first time video from many vloggers to find myself confident to get mine worked out. While you see a simple video among many other tutorial on the internet...that was perhaps the most challenging video I have done this year. And probably in so long.

5 - I learned the hard way choosing your favorite music is not a good idea. Ever since monetizing videos on youtube adding your music is just not as good as you want to. Youtube will ruin it and the biggest risk is they may silent your video as soon as it is up online. So silly thing I wanted to add only 20 seconds on each song so that youtube would not mess with my video. Even so that was lots of time editing for nothing. All in all there is many ways to have music for free and save your time and a big headache.
Attachments:

1 month 3 days ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Feedback Week #7: March 6th Live Show Discussion #1613
Our 7th Feedback Week! Please check out or page describing what this is all about here:

www.animateclay.com/index.php/feedback-week

Anyone who wants feedback on their projects can do so by posting your pictures, videos, social media blogs and even campaigns as a reply to this post. We'll discuss it on January 30th during our live YouTube broadcast.

Time to create page: 1.807 seconds