Feedback Week #16: September 11 Live Show Discussion

7 months 3 weeks ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Feedback Week #16: September 11 Live Show Discussion #1719
I think the term is persistence of vision. I might be wrong but some people can get by with 14fps and it can look good to them. To me it's a bit low unless there's some kind of blur. One person I know thinks 30fps is the gold standard, but I think that's a bit too much. Mainly because if you have to animate so many additional frames it takes forever. The right balance is definitely somewhere around the 20 range you picked in my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago
Lukas
More
Feedback Week #16: September 11 Live Show Discussion #1718
Thanks for your feedback!
That is interesting. I read somewhere that if the human eye sees more than 15 pictures per second, it is interpreted as one single moving image.
Depending on the shape of the puppet, a foil skeleton might not be a bad way to give the puppet some extra support.
Also, just noticed That I'm totally posting in the wrong topic. My bad.

7 months 3 weeks ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Feedback Week #16: September 11 Live Show Discussion #1717
Hey Lukas, nice to see your work here again. You guys and gals did a really top notch job. It looks like you all had fun too. When I was a kid I made a similar Christmas tree with presents around it one time, it feels nostalgic :)

20fps will make a huge difference in smoothness compared to 10. I believe the minimum for smooth animation is somewhere around 14-16, if you shoot on 1's. With the ginger bread family, I did notice the drooping. If I remember right they used some sort of foil inside the Gumby puppet to prevent that. Either way, great job and thanks for sharing!

7 months 4 weeks ago
Lukas
More
Feedback Week #16: September 11 Live Show Discussion #1716
Hey Marc! It's been a while so I thought I'd share something.
Here's a short claymation I made using models and a gingerbread house I made with my daughter.
My previous stop motion films were 10fps so this time I challenged myself by trying 20fps.
The movement in general seems noticably smoother.
One mistake that I am concious of is that the clay we used for the gingerbread people was particularly soft and floppy. You may notice some shots where they droop and start to fall over lol. Live and learn I guess.
We had a lot of fun making the models and set. Overall it was a fun little project for me and a good learning experience.
I have more claymation in the works! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

11 months 6 days ago
djavh
More
Feedback Week #16: September 11 Live Show Discussion #1700
Hello, just wanted to show my biggest claymation movie yet, a 23 minutes long horror comedy. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts about it during the live show. A movie is in Lithuanian, but has English subtitles, don't know if that's a problem. Anyways, here it is:

11 months 1 week ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Topic Author
Feedback Week #16: September 11 Live Show Discussion #1698
Our 16th Feedback Week! Please check out or page describing what this is all about here:

www.animateclay.com/index.php/feedback-week

Anyone who wants feedback on their projects can do so by posting your pictures, videos, social media blogs and even campaigns as a reply to this post. We'll discuss it on our September 11th live YouTube broadcast.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds