Is it possible to get going with this setup?

3 weeks 20 hours ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Is it possible to get going with this setup? #1679
Hi LER, technically you can use an android phone to photograph your frames as long as you lock it down somehow. That could be with tape, velcro etc. I know with the IPhone you can use the ear buds to snap frames in some of the stop mo apps. It has that little volume adjustment button so you never touch the phone.

What you might try is to get a cheap webcam that works on your Mac and put it along side your phone. One can be used to view the animation in your capture program (Mac) one can be used for capturing high quality frames (Android). That is probably the cheapest and most convenient way I can think of. You could even do that with your future DSLR if you can't for some reason hook it up to your Mac. Though I had a Mac Mini and it wasn't too difficult using a USB port.

Here are some Webcam options that I found: www.imore.com/best-webcams-mac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 1 day ago
LER555
More
Topic Author
Is it possible to get going with this setup? #1678
Hello,
I know I will need a DSLR and plan to have one soon. In the meantime, I'd like to get going with stopmotion. Just to play, to get a workflow down, learn the basics of set building and characters and so on. In addition to a direct-facing view, I would also like a camera-facing-down setup for things like food animation, demonstrations and so on.

Is it possible to at least get started with my current setup? Remotely shuttering, so I don't bump the camera?
Android phone camera (no hdmi port)
Macbook Pro with older OS (Mountain Lion)
I have two Sony camcorders but no capture card at present - and from what I understand stop mo will require a still camera. They have only HDMI out for digital.

I don't need bells and whistles, just a good quality foundation stopmo capability with onion skinning and remote camera monitoring on a TV or my macbook. I plan to edit and finish in other programs, so I don't need things like themes, soundtracks etc.

Is it possible to make this Android talk to my Mac or externally monitor it somehow? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds