Where do you capture/save your images?

4 months 1 day ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Where do you capture/save your images? #1758
Here's something you might like - it's a way to secure a phone on your neck for when you go on trips. However it would be easy to clamp one of these or wrap them onto tripods if you have one. The video is sort of a joke so you might get a laugh :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 2 days ago
LER555
More
Topic Author
Where do you capture/save your images? #1756
Thanks yeah that makes sense. I guess the SD card it is. I'll upgrade soon and then be able to capture directly. If the software would detect the phone, that is. The phone itself is a second, dedicated phone. I actually modified a wardrobe hanger to make a top-down setup with a custom piece that came off of a cheap garage sale tripod - it managed to just fit. Problem is, it sits so high on the workbench that it's not really practical. So I"m thinking I"ll order a gooseneck clip phone holder from Amazon. I bought a teeny little Bluetooth tripod and it has a remote that works with the Android, so that was worth the price of admission.

What i really want to do is set up a space inside so i can use temporary blackout curtains to control the lighting.

4 months 4 days ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Where do you capture/save your images? #1754
Hmm, I think your best bet would be to capture to an SD card. It sounds like the bluetooth option isn't sending a file size that's normal. That is - it sounds too small and why would the file size be the same? But really if you capture to the cloud or an SD card you should get the same result. The cloud is free but takes time to upload/download stuff. With an SD card you can just plug your phone into your computer and transfer really fast, and your SD card can be used as a temporary backup.

The only big hurdle is you'd need a way to lock your phone down, like a custom tripod. Or perhaps one you can buy and modify. Also taking photos should be triggered with a headphone button if possible. That way you don't get a jerky phone camera during animation. I imagine you already know but you'd have to keep your phone plugged into your charger so it won't run out of power for long shots you animate. Even with DSLR cameras it can be a big issue.

4 months 5 days ago 4 months 5 days ago by LER555.
LER555
More
Topic Author
Where do you capture/save your images? #1753
Hi all, starting over and jumping in full steam.

Regarding my setup, I have an older Macbook that is on 10.8.5 ( if I upgrade there is some important software I will fry so it will have to wait until i get a second machine). Dragonframe, Stop Mo Studio etc don't work on this bc it's too old. I do plan to get a DSLR but do not have one at the moment.
I also have an RCA Cambio Windows 10 tablet, but that's not very robust for editing.

So I've got a Samsung phone equipped with Stop Motion Studio that will be a dedicated stop motion phone. I've figured out that I can screencast it to the Roku to monitor the picture. The question is, so there's not much space on this phone. I guess I would save to SD card, but then would need to transfer it to the Mac. Tried to Bluetooth transfer it the other day, but the final file was only 9kb. Did it again, same result.

Question is this: when you capture from your phone, do you capture to the SD card? The cloud?

TIA

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds