May 9th to July 18th, 2018 topic: Robots!

More
3 months 6 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #1492 by animateclay
Dirty Red informed me of the topic he chose after winning the former 5 week outdoor activities challenge. It's Robots! I don't think we've ever done a robot related topic before so this one should hopefully an interesting one for everyone.

As usual if anyone needs to learn the rules, check out or 5 week challenge rules at the top of our page and good luck!
Last edit: 2 months 3 days ago by animateclay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #1494 by gregr3398
I just wanted to say that I really liked the topic of Robots...I regret that I didn't make the time for this one. Lets not give up on these challenges!
The following user(s) said Thank You: animateclay

More
2 months 4 days ago #1495 by animateclay
Thanks Greg, I do wonder why participation has fallen so much as of late. Could it be summer break - everyone is on vacation away from home? Either way, we'll talk about it tonight on our live show and see what ideas we can come up with.

More
2 months 3 days ago #1496 by animateclay
OK everyone, I wasn't sure if we should decide during our live show tonight as to what to do about our Robots challenge. Everyone (including me) thinks that Robots is a good topic. I'm going to extend the challenge by another 5 weeks, I suppose there really isn't a reason to change it.

If nobody enters after this stretch of 5 weeks I imagine we'll need to decide what is best for the challenges. Maybe extend them to 10 weeks? Or, try something different like sculpting challenges or character designing competitions? If we need to switch things up, maybe the lack of participation is a sign we should do that. So let's see in 5 weeks what happens. We did (many years back) have puppet making challenges and there were many people who took part.

Good luck everyone!

More
2 months 2 days ago #1498 by Xiakeyra
I haven't taken part in this year challenges because I've been studying and working, but as soon as I get my holidays I will come back to join as many challenges as possible.
Variety is the spice of life, so new types of competitions and challenges are also welcome

More
2 months 14 hours ago #1499 by animateclay
Hey Xiakeyra, glad to hear from you, it has been a long time! Thanks for your feedback about our challenges. Tamarame has also been busy with school and hasn't had a lot of time for animating. I completely understand - school is very important. I'm glad you still stop by, let's see how things go after these five weeks are up. Puppet making takes less time to do and might be best for everyone if we turn it into a challenge.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds