Rainbow Cat Squad : The Wild Jungle - Claymation

4 months 1 week ago
Lukas
More
Topic Author
Rainbow Cat Squad : The Wild Jungle - Claymation #1755
Thank you so much for checking this out! I really appreciate it!
I have an idea for another episode and will likely start working on it soon ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 3 weeks ago
wingitprod
More
Rainbow Cat Squad : The Wild Jungle - Claymation #1752
Great work and flow.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You Lukas

7 months 2 weeks ago
Lukas
More
Topic Author
Rainbow Cat Squad : The Wild Jungle - Claymation #1746
All done!

Thanks to anyone who watches! Hope you enjoy!
It turned out a bit longer than I had planned. So much work but also lot of fun!

Now that you mention it Marc, It is designed much like a 2D side scrolling video-game. It even has mini-bosses, lol.

Here's one last "behind the scenes" look from the opening sequence
The following user(s) said Thank You wingitprod

7 months 4 weeks ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Rainbow Cat Squad : The Wild Jungle - Claymation #1745
This is really cool, it reminds me of a 2-D side scrolling video game in some way. Also I didn't really realize the scale of your characters was so small until I saw the lamp and paper next to them. It really puts it in perspective.

As for video editing, there are a lot of choices out there. I do like Sony Vegas, but compared to Adobe Premiere, it's a bit on the limited side. But I make do with it and it does allow you to do most things and is straight forward. The learning curve isn't too steep and it's also not going to break the bank. I think I bought mine for 50 bucks, at least not too bad.

7 months 4 weeks ago
Lukas
More
Topic Author
Rainbow Cat Squad : The Wild Jungle - Claymation #1744
That's a great idea! I think those digital mouth stickers would work great on these cats.

Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of software right now. So far I've been getting by using only freeware programs like Photolapse and the demo version of Videopad editor lol.

I think the next real step for me to improve the quality of my videos would defiantly be to get some decent video editing software. Or maybe a program made specifically for stop-motion. I cant afford anything super expensive but I would like this software to have the ability to do two things:
1. Be able to use a green screen so I can can add backgrounds with more depth or even animated backgrounds. This would open up a whole new dimension of possibilities for me.
2. Be able to transparently see my last frame over each new picture I take, So I can make sure there isn't too much movement between each transition. This would just make things easier, especially when animating many things at once. It can be easy to lose track and forget to move something or move to move an object too much for one frame.

Do you (or any one else who reads this) know of any reasonably priced software capable of doing this?

Like most of us, I've been stuck home. so I've been working pretty steady on this project. Animation is almost complete and I'll soon be starting to work on the audio. Here's a few pics;

When we pull back the curtain, things start looking a little less magical...

That's all for now! Peace!

8 months 2 weeks ago
animateclay
Administrator
Administrator
More
Rainbow Cat Squad : The Wild Jungle - Claymation #1728
Looking good! I think your decision to keep the mouths simple when you have so many cats to animate is the smart move. Technically if you had the software you could always add some digital sticker-like mouths on there after animation like how they did in JoJo's Circus:

But of course it's still a lot of work to do - and it's definitely not necessary. Thanks for sharing and do post your next film when it's completed!

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds